Mosquito-borne diseases are diseases that can be spread through the bite of mosquitoes. These diseases may be caused by a virus, also known as arboviruses, or can be caused by parasites. Several of the mosquito species found in Florida are capable of transmitting diseases to humans, horses, and other animals. Symptoms of these illnesses can range from mild to very severe.
Mosquito-borne diseases found in Florida include, the Zika Virus, West Nile virus disease, Eastern equine encephalitis, and St. Louis encephalitis. Many other mosquito-borne diseases are found in different parts of the world, and can be brought back to Florida if infected people or animals are bitten by mosquitoes while in Florida. Some examples of these diseases include chikungunya fever, dengue fever, malaria, yellow fever, and Rift Valley fever.
Drain and Cover
- Drain standing water to stop mosquitoes from multiplying.
- Cover your skin with clothing and use mosquito repellent.
- Cover doors and windows with screens to keep mosquitoes out.
Stop mosquitoes from living and multiplying around your home or business. Protect yourself from mosquito’s bites and the diseases they carry.
Pest Logic provides mosquito treatments, fogging, and misting system services. Whether you want one mosquito fogging service before your weekend party or a mosquito misting system installed for yearlong control, Pest Logic has a variety of mosquito control services to meet your needs.
- Every 21 days.
- Effective barrier treatment targeting ornamentals and foliage that will kill mosquitos on contact as well as bond to the plants for a residual effect.
- Granular repellant will be applied.
- Larvicide applied to any standing water and other possible mosquito breeding grounds.
- Yard is ready to enjoy within 30 minutes of fogging.